Monday, August 10, 2009

Fun Foam and ATC's

Well this was a rather relaxing weekend for both of us, gardening and cleaning up around the yard etc. In the evenings I took to my Bernie Berlin book and looked over her tut on the use of fun foam on ATC's. So here are 3 cards that I did.
I first got a font off a program from my computer and just wanted the outline, then I placed the fun foam in my printer and printed off the letters. Then I cut the letters our with some small scissors, man fun foam is like trying to slice butter in this humidity, very easy and soft, oh I just used a tan coloured piece of fun foam because I was going to be painting it anyways.
I then took some old paper from a printed magazine and used gel medium to adhere it to my base card. I then glued the letters on the paper and gessoed over the whole thing. I let this dry overnight. I didn't want to rush the drying process by using the heat gun. I had a few other things on the go and it is well worth the time to wait for it to dry. then I chose a colour scheme for each card and painted the backgrounds. The only thing I did different for the love card was I did not use a printed page on the base card, I just gessoed on the cardboard first. I got pics and used rub on Dragon flies for the " fly" card.
After the paint dried I was just going to leave the letters plain but then I was given a Post Card stamp from a good friend and stamped on the cards and making sure I got it on the letters. OOOO loverly I say.
These will be going up for trade. I haven't decided if I am keeping the Love one or not. I truly love that card. My friend Jen got me hooked on using Purple, orange and pink. Love the dramatic results.
My next post is going to be a Giveaway but you might have to work for it.
Stay tuned.








3 comments:

  1. Les these are amazing and something i will definatley have to try........and of course you know which one i want!!

    they are hard to part with sometimes so i usually hang onto them too before im ready to move them on.... loverly:) jenxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these how they turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out beautiful Les.. definitely a must try from that book.. what a great find it was.. didn't realize you could run fun foam thru the printer..lol
    can see why you wouldn't want to trade that one.. maybe in time..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...