Saturday, October 29, 2011

Inchie House Template

Thank you for commenting on my inchie houses and a few of you have asked for the template.
I just want to say that I did not originally design it but after a few attempts of the one I had it wasn't measuring up so I adjusted the template  so I guess you could say I redesigned it.
There are 6 houses on a 8 1/2x11 sheet. Print either on a piece of white card stock and cover with your favourite papers or directly onto the papers you want to use. make sure you have the lines facing you so you can use them to guide you when scoring. I used a light weight card stock then glued decorative papers on top. Score all the dark lines. Those lines will be on the inside of the house and you will not see them. The roof is measured 2 inches by 1 inch. Score it at 1 inch and fold. If you want to hang your houses like I have, make the house first, then on the bottom find the center and pierce a hole, on the roof find the center pierce another hole. I used wired and added beads and jingle bells but you could just use gold or silver string, elasticated strings or whatever. Just have fun. If you are not adding beads and just hanging from the roof you won't need the hole in the bottom of the house. I have done them both ways and both are just as nice.
Click on the image and get the full size. If this doesn't print out correctly email me and I will send it to you.
I had a number of you interested so this is why I am posting the template.
If you make any please let me see, I am always interested in what others make would be fun for kids to make and they are really pretty to use up scraps, old book pages, stamps etc.
Have fun and don't forget to show and tell.

NB  on the templates there is a line just under the roof and it is lighter than the other lines. DO NOT score this line. I forgot to mention that so this has been edited for you. Thanks again.
 

9 comments:

  1. thanks lesley as soon as i can I'm going to have a go I'll let you know how they go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wooohoo thanks Les they are sooo cute !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here Lesley, thank you for all the work you put into this and the fab idea! The moment I'll have a bit of spare time I'm going to make some and will make sure to let you know. I have so many scraps of paper and this will be such a great way to use them up...

    ReplyDelete
  4. not sure which lifetime I am going to make these in, but thanks for the template anyway...one has to have ambitions...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your inchie houses are adorable Les! Thanks for the template and Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing the template Les! I will be making these for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your inchie houses Les, Thanks for sharing the template with us :)
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for sharing this template!:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...