Friday, July 10, 2009

Framed inchies and fused plastic

Hello my fellow bloggers, well today I have some things to show you. I had a brainfart the other day while making inchies and I decided to get some paper punches out and play, well I made inchie frames. Ohhhh aren't they nice? I couldn't stop making them, one turned into 2 then 3 and before I knew it I had a pile of them. The ones here are mostly black but I have others punched, I just think these little gems look so nice framed and I have yet to see any out there, well someone probably has them just I haven't seen any. I have various backgrounds I do as well, watercolours, Twinkling H20's, emboss resist, packing tape transfer on the feet inchies, rain drops made out of glue stick glue, and a few more of my trademark secrets.

And here is this amazing piece of art called, fused plastic. In case you are not familiar and I was not until the other day when Jen posted hers and showed us and said it was made from recycled plastic shopping bags. HUH??? well I couldn't wait for her to do the tutorial and another girl Tammy said she found a blog with it on there. So I cut up plastic shopping bags, heated with an iron, and this fused all the plastic together. I then sprayed a clear acrylic spray on it so the acrylic paint had a tooth surface to stick to. Then I proceeded to paint, stamp, then stitched this all on my machine with black zigzag stitching. Wow, I have 2 more that I made for an art journal I am working on.
Well Jen, thanks for the idea, I couldn't wait, I am a stinker that way. Mother told me I was impatient and you know what, she was right!


1 comment:

  1. oh oh oh, i love your framed inchies, so pretty.

    ,...and miss impatience, love your fused plastic, such loverly colors les. What ya going to use it for? jenxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...