Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A little break from painting.....

Well now that September has come I thought I might try to still be involved in some group swaps so I took a bit of a break from painting but not for long and completed these projects. On  the ATC for beginners group we have a torso shape swap and the Addicted to Inchies group we have make a bookmark featuring inchies.
The left hand with the Geisha is done with a Sitra Solv applied to a magazine page. I did not make this paper but a member from the ATC group made and sent it to me. Thanks SoKat. Then I added Liquid Pearls at the top, a piece of handpainted paper in red at that bottom and neckline. I had some small asian coins I added one with gold thread to dangle from the neck and then embossed Chinese characters in black then put my Geisha over that. Click on the pic for a close up view. These magazine pages lend to some really cool effects and the colours all bleed together.
The Paris themed Torso background is actually a paper napkin someone kindly sent to me a while ago. Not sure if it was Jen or not but I love it, I would love another couple and all I really did was add a woman's image to the bottom. I think I still need a little French saying so that might still be a possibility.

And.....here are my inchie bookmarks...

These were fun and very easy to do. I made several in fact and might be a good little gifty at Christmas.
Of course I love anything Asian so i used my Asian inchie stamps from Inkadinkado and distressed some paper using TH Frayed Burlap then I stamped and embossed the images in black. I used a bit of paper from a Chinese newspaper that my friend Kathy sent me not too long ago, the lettering is a bit larger. I mounted a piece of black cardstock over top of a red, Lined both cardstock with Gold metallic gel pen.
I added some black fiber and added a bead at each end.
The green and black bookmark is basically the same only I used Peeled paint distress ink and some gold German scrap I got from Artchix.
It was nice to play with paper for a bit but I must continue on with painting. November is looming closer and I am planning a trip to see Dad the end of the month or very beginning of October.
I would love to show you more of my painted items but my camera or the batteries are not co-operating. Until then I can only scan small items so look out when I can finally take a pic that won't drain the batteries.
I may have to replace the charger who knows. I sure don't.
Well thanks for dropping by, til next time....
Create, dream and love one another.
L

1 comment:

  1. ooh those are pretty.. love them both.. I do have some printed out to do as well.. love the inchie book marks too.. think those would be nice for your sales too..
    Kath

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...