Saturday, October 20, 2012

Been away

It is with a heavy heart that I write this, on October 13th my father passed away. I had to travel to Victoria BC to make arrangements for his cremation and " Celebration of Life" ceremony. My dad suffered from dementia but was well looked after by the wonderful staff at Glengarry Hospital. 
I will miss my dad dearly, I will remember many life lessons he taught me, many fond memories were made and remembered and I have no regrets. He was a beautiful, giving and loving man. A man that left an impression on you. I say that because he was my dad but I also heard it from many people who knew him.
I love you dad and you will be resting with mom now. 
As I grieve and pick up and move forward I will have him in my heart forever. 
Thank you all for your support on FB and privately, your words have really helped me through this difficult time.
Take care and if I disappear for a while you will understand where I will be.
♥♥♥

5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear of your loss Lesley. I too, lost my dad (dementia)two years ago.
    I try and not think about his long illness, but on the fond times we had as father/daughter.
    Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you lots of healing thoughts and hugs! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts are with you. My Dad has Dementia too snd in a care home so I can appreciate your loss at this sad time. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts and prayers are with you Les. I am so so sorry. xoxo JoAnne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...