Saturday, September 10, 2011

Another Did you Know

I have been quite busy with painting and getting ideas in my head for my upcoming shows so I haven't devoted much time into "did you knows" , but I have a couple to share with you.

The first one is from one of my followers and she posted on her blog about how to make your own Flower soft. I have always admired the effects Flower soft gave to cards and embellishments but after looking at the price of it,because lets face it I can be rather frugal, and, if I can make it myself, I will. So after seeing this post that Shelly posted quite a while back I asked her if I could share this link with everyone so they can take a peek for themselves. I had to really look for the correct styrofoam tho, I see the type used in the tutorial sort of has a glittery look to it, it is not that white static kind of styrofoam that is all chunky. So I found some recently and put a few of the balls away til I can make some. Follow Shelly's tutorial and have fun.

And " did you know" you can stamp onto salt dough? I just found this idea over at Percy and Blooms blog and all the details are here. I have made salt dough ornies before and baked them and yes they did puff up but if you read this tutorial you will find out how easy and wonderful these look. With Christmas around the corner isn't it nice to get a head start on the little things. The only thing I am not sure of is which kind of ink to use on these. If you have any suggestions let me know. You stamp onto the damp clay and let them air dry.

Feel free to contact me and let me know if you have a tutorial or a tip that qualifies for a " did you know" idea. This way we can share ideas and tips and features and bring traffic and maybe even new followers to our blogs.
Thanks for dropping by and til next time, stay crafty.

5 comments:

  1. Well lovely Les, I didn't know about either of these things. I guess I just hadn't thought of stamping on salt dough, but might try it now that you've brought it up. As for the flower soft, I don't think I even know what that is! Hmmm, something to dig up some info on! :D
    Thanks, love your "did you know" segments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such terrific idea's,thanks for sharing with all we frugal folks.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the good ideas! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. No idea, but probably the archival ink...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...