Sunday, February 27, 2011

Spicy Supply Challenge GC90

Over at Gingersnap Creations the theme for the Spicy Supply Challenge is ....charms.
We are to add a charm or charms to a mixed media or paper craft, no other set rules only that you use a charm.
Well I have pondered this thought, dug out charms, looked at them with no real interest but then, I rec'd a lovely Christmas package from my friend Becky and lo and behold, Asian Charms. So I thought and thought and this is what I came up with.
Once you get to know me I love anything that remotely lookes Chinese or Japanese in art, trinkets etc.
I have been making a few ATC's of late for a FlickR group I am in, so then, it narrowed my choice of medium down for me.
Make a tradeable ATC using a charm.....so here is my entry for GC90, I hope the Ginger Gals like it.

I used some paper from K and Company for the background, a very light green and not much texture. I found a while ago online, a film strip png file, and placed Asian woman images down the strip, making sure I resized and fit them the best I could . I then added that with a touch of Glossy Accents to the left side of the card.  Next, I added this really pretty Asian paper my friend Jenxo sent me a while back and placed it on the right side, but before I did, I mapped out  holes so I could stitch with black embroidery thread to add my charm and a couple of beads.  I made sure those holes were poked through to my base card after the paper was glued. I added my stitching (click to enlarge pic to see) and I added my beads and the charm. The stitiching was fun and always adds a bit of interest to your art.
I then added a couple black Starform corners to my Asian paper to add a bit more interest. I then added a tiny bit of Glossy Accents so my charm wouldn't move up and down the lacing as I wanted it to be central to the finished card.
Thanks to Becky in the US for the Charm and to Jenxo in Australia for the paper.
And thank you for coming to look.
Remember you can always take part over at Gingersnap Creations for great challenges, inspiration and lots of information and tutorials from the DT.


12 comments:

  1. I love what you did with this theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this- The stitching is awesome and it really is a great accent on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lesley, your ATC is totally gorgeous, love it. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Les, you always do 'Asian' themes so well!
    Beautiful card and I love the film strip.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lesley I just adore what you have done with this theme and your love or oriental shine though in your wonderful creation The film strip is just perfect on it

    alma x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning. Love that charm. And very impressed with the digi bit of your ATC - I'd have had to print the images out and cut and stuck them to the film strip with glue!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This came out great, Les! You always do Asian themes especially well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks ladies, this one is one of my fav's so far. You gotta love how things come together for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. its gorgeous les, love the beautiful images in the filmstrip...

    ReplyDelete
  10. NICE atc, Lesley! You really brought all the elements together, and that paper is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those fabulous photos ... and what a rockin' charm ... thanks for "charm"ing us at Gingersnap Creations.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...